Saturday, May 18, 2019

MUSE: Carmen/Louis XV

Carmen 

The model Carmen has always been an inspiration to me as she represents total New York glamour  and sophistication- I believe that I saw her in the show room of Clarence house at the D&D in New York many years ago and that reminded me of how Temo Callahan had introduced me to the fabulous world of silk velours gaufre'  (stamped silk velvet) - ooh la la - It's New York Meets Paris elegance at its peak of chic- So I thought if Carmen asked me to help her create a sitting room for her in Manhattan I would suggest aubergine lacquered walls with a statement pair of chairs in a cerise silk velvet- With perhaps an Andy Warhol portrait of her above a gilt Console (rococo) - Inspired!
I sourced her chairs from Cedric DuPont in West Palm Beach- sensational!  DF