Monday, May 27, 2019

J. SPECTRE: Patriotic Palette

Jay Spectre Interior Design via Architectural Digest

My Memorial Day tribute - another New York dining room - with a dramatic point of view- even though this is a "vintage" image it still resonates today- lets call it classical modern-

 The designer Jay Spectre lived at 800 Fifth Avenue- ( a rental building where Donald and Ivana lived while Trump Tower was being built)- overlooking Central Park- Many years later after Jay had moved out, my friend Parkin Saunders moved in- And I suppose I'll never forget my first visit to Parkin's apartment where he had Annie Lennox blasting "no more I love you" - As the lights of Central Park West glittered in the distance I took in the French furniture and the dark coffee brown lacquered walls- it was glamorous- just like Parkin- fond memories.  R.I.P. DF

* * * * *