Thursday, May 2, 2019

LAYERED: Mr. Dean's


Dean Farris Interior Design (c) 2019






In my own flat I'm partial to this warm and cozy layered look.  One of the first things I did when I knew I was getting this apartment was to have new curtain panels made for the sliding glass doors- Later on I used my chairs as holdbacks since I was inspired by John Fowler, Pauline de Rothschild - and Ann Getty-

Professor Stanley Barrows was quoted as saying that the best rooms combine a classical approach with a romantic approach and that also factored into my desire for a layered look in my own apartment- The natural light is something that I'm especially fond of after having been in a very dark apartment for the past few years.  While this room is far from perfect it's a small space that I enjoy arranging, changing and thinking about -as well as using on a daily basis-!

In a way it's an homage to some of my favorite decorators and Designers such as Billy Baldwin,Tom Britt, Albert Hadley, Angelo Donghia, John Fowler,  Georgina Fairholme and Mario Buatta- And I've included their books to remind me of my friendships with these iconic decorators over the years.  Because of these fine gentleman (and ladies) I enjoy discovering and promoting the work of  new, young, up and coming Designers!  DF