Thursday, May 9, 2019

GLORIA: Inspiring Forever

Gloria Vanderbilt via VOGUE

MY MODERN MUSE GLORIA VANDERBILT IS SHOWN ABOVE IN HER FORMER GRACIE SQUARE APARTMENT, NOTICE SHE IS HOLDING A FAN IN HER HAND!  The beautiful chintz on the walls and her headboard was obtained from my old friend Ron Grimaldi at Rose Cumming in Manhattan-

This image reminds me somewhat of the time I had to go over to the Park Avenue apartment of
Anne Ford to look at the carpet in her bedroom- In researching Ms. Vanderbilt I discovered that many bloggers have written about her including Heather Clawson of habitually chic and Mark Sikes- No surprise as she is an eternal inspiration- But I also came across this fabulous Interview
with her from interview magazine online- a very interesting follow -up to the video I had posted on her a few days ago from Wendy Goodman of The Cut - enjoy!  DF