Saturday, February 5, 2011

Room of the Week, Charleston

Deborah Lipner as seen in Veranda, love her sense of placement!

Deborah used sofas by Hickory Chair

My room for Naples clients, with similar mood


I fell for this chic and soothing room in Charleston, for a New Yorker, by the Greenwich designer, Deborah Lipner. Shades of Georgina Fairholme crossed with Albert Hadley! I honed in on this room because I had recently created a similar palette for clients from Cape Cod (East Falmouth, Mass) here in Naples... Deborah used sofas from Hickory Chair, and my new friends Sandra and Dana are from Greenwich and are helping me out with their Decorator Tag Sale (similar to a One Kings Lane) where I can liquidate some of my designer furnishings. And Laura Holland of the Hickory Chair blog has offered to post some of my work on the HC site, which is very exciting. Designer Todd Richesin of Knoxville was recently featured on the Hickory Chair blog for his work on the home in Key West he did as seen in Traditional Home magazine. Christina of the blog The Enchanted Home featured the Deborah Lipner room recently on her blog, and that is where I first discovered Deborahs work. ENJOY! DF *****