Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nice Chandelier Moment

Dining Area, Fleck Residence
DEAN FARRIS INTERIOR DESIGN
I've noticed a lot of chandelier earrings lately, reminding me of one of my favorite elements of classic decor, the chandelier. I am afraid I don't have time today to show every single chandelier that I love, so here is one I find interesting. My client/friend, found this in California, and it was from an old theater. He had someone in Pittsburgh add more crystal drops to it, et voila! It certainly adds a dose of glamour to the room, which is a living/dining/sunroom combined. We created the table by going to the local garden center and choosing a large urn, topped with a thick piece of glass. The chairs were existing, just re-upholstered. Recently, we ordered a new hickory wood floor for this room in a hand scraped finish, which is going to be installed next month, so stay tuned for the progress shots! DF *****