Sunday, February 27, 2011

Designer Oscars!

A recent picture of Mario

Good friends at the David Easton party

The magic of Mario


Vintage Mario, circa 1980's



Sunday morning musings...the Oscars, Mario Buatta, and relaxing by the pool. I was thrilled to receive a call from old friend Mario, who deserves an Oscar, (he did the Blair House in Washington, and Mariah Carey's NYC penthouse) - Mario B is always such fun to chat with, he has the best sense of humour, and I do count him as a mentor, since we once worked together on his model room at Bloomingdales! I just received this wonderful shot of William, Judith Auclair, and Kevin Stefani (designer friend from Cleveland) taken at the Webster and Company party for David Easton, who was here recently promoting his new book. I had client meetings so was unable to attend. I've also included a favorite room Mario did for one of his socialite clients, with the gorgeous acid washed lacquered aubergine walls I love so much. Enjoy your morning, wherever in the world you may be. DF *****
PS: New York School of Interior Design is naming its materials library after Mario, to be called the Mario Buatta Atelier. Congrats Mario!