Sunday, April 21, 2019

STYLE: Baby Newport

Dean Farris Interior Design (c) 2019

I've loved damask since I was very young when I was in high school and created a project for my home economics class which was a Neoclassic house conjured totally from my imagination and later when I attended the art institute of Atlanta under chairman STAN TOPOL (see earlier posts on Stan)-
I love damask because it conjures up images of Newport's gilded age- the "cottages" !

So, yesterday, while shopping at the Miromar Design center where I also work -I found this beautiful  damask pillow at Blaze interiors -one of my favorite sources in the design center-  Where I had also discovered this copy of an Empire style pedestal for my Maitland Smith bust- !

BLAZE INTERIORS is a great source for all kinds of furnishings always at reasonable prices- like a J F Chen only in Florida- and one of the salesmen at Blaze,  Rory, just moved here from Calabasas, CA ! Hoping you'll enjoy this holiday weekend and stay tuned for tomorrow's post showing progress on my most recent collaboration with Gary David Designs !