Wednesday, April 10, 2019

LIGHTING: Opulence

Strauss Lighting, Miromar Design Center

When I was very young and spent a lot of time in New York City even before I moved there for my further education,  I would pass by these glamorous shops such as Nesle' and Charles Winston-

These shops were very dark and yet filled with the most glamorous crystal chandeliers, Empire style chandeliers and lanterns but mostly crystal chandeliers which screamed opulence-  Giving a mere tourist a sense of the grandeur of New York apartments looming above the streets -such as Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue in Manhattan-

I was always very impressed by the shops and one of my mentors, the late George Clarkson, could not even go into Nesle' because he loved so many things in there that it became very overwhelming for him-  He was certainly not one to waste a minute of precious time!  Below, a shot of the Strauss showroom at Miromar Design Center-  visit soon!  DF