Saturday, April 6, 2019

STAN TOPOL: Town and Country

STAN TOPOL ASSOCIATES

STAN TOPOL Was my first interior design mentor back in 1975 -when he approved me for the interior design program at the Art institute of Atlanta- I've always been very inspired by Stan and his work along with his associate Reynolds Brown and I found this Video of Stan talking about the room he did in one of the designer show houses-  I really like the contrast between the city apartment above and the country house, below, which is in Newnan, Georgia -where Stan lives on a beautiful equestrian estate-  I still have fond memories of the many dinners we had at Stan's apartment in Buckhead as well as at the Peasant restaurants which he designed for Richard Royston- And once many years ago Stan took me into Richard's apartment in Atlanta and it was an explosion of 70's style - lacquered walls, collections, and an inlaid black and white chevron VAT floor -truly a Manhattan tour de force in Buckhead!  The guest room had walls upholstered in sort of a paisley type woven fabric which was stunning - I don't think I'd ever seen anything so chic in my life as this apartment and Richard's Rolls-Royce was parked in the garage below -the icing on the cake!  I remember even going shopping with Stan at ADAC and looking at fabrics -he was amazing as he spent a lot of time with his students in his capacity as chairman of interior design at the Art Institute of Atlanta-  I am sure that there has never been anyone quite like him and there never will be again- BRAVO STAN !!
DF