Saturday, September 14, 2013

Italian Luigi XV Mantel

Louis XV Style mantel, Agostinos, Naples

Here's the new mantel I've been posting about, in the recent series regarding my new flat here in Naples- I had seen this about maybe two years ago- and finally decided to get it- as you can see, it's quite a showy piece- and it'll be fun to share with you how it looks installed in the new apartment we're planning, for my personal and business use.  Agostinos has some wonderful Italian imports- the owner goes over four times a year- and I've been bringing clients there for many years.  I did find some antique "chenet" (fire dogs) today- at The Antiques Center of Naples- but am holding off on those.  They were old brass, and not the gilt bronze that I long for.  Better yet, we might instead use selenite logs or obelisque as fire dogs.  I love that Jean Michel Frankenstein look! :) Cheers!  DF *****