Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fantasy "Cottage" on Green Dolphin Lane

Green Dolphin Lane, Naples

This is one of my favorite of the newer houses in Port Royal.  Sited at the end of a quiet street, on a peaceful cul-de-sac, I think it's the work of Naples architect, Jeff Harrell- but am not sure about that- and this is not the best shot of it- you can't see to the right, there is a very antique looking pair of "barn" doors- that seem to be decorative.  Also, there are huge alocasias in the courtyard- adding an exotic allure...I recently learned about the fabulous banana type plants -sometimes called "elephant ears" from the Martha Stewart blog, which I've added to the blog list below.  I have to say, Martha is the real thing- regardless of what anyone says- she does it all!  Enjoy your day dear DFS readers...Cheers!  DF *****