Thursday, August 22, 2013

Parish-Hadley Redux in Naples

Dean Farris Interior Design

Here's the exciting new ikat printed jute rug I had mentioned in a recent post-! I'm very pleased with it, and it just reminds me so much of some of the vintage images from the P-H archives I had been exposed to while living in New York, and studying my passion, interior design and decoration...this really "woke up" my room!  As I told my good friend and fellow decorator, Judith Auclair- I may have an actual color palette going on for the first time in years, for ME, not the clients! :)  

Above, you can see the teal painted Spanish Louis XV arm chair I obtained from Mr. Albert Hadley- and I had told Judith I thought my new "palette" might be blues, cognac browns, and touches of periwinkle.  Now that the new ikat jute rug is here (Feizy Imports) I see more of the turquoise-teal in it so am thinking of adding that divine colour also - for the satin turkish corner toss pillows I'm planning for the leather chesterfield sofa.  An unexpected benefit of this made in India rug is the warm aroma of jute -like a soft masculine rope smell...which I rather like.  Thanks to the California based artist-designer, Tracy Porter (see earlier post) of Poetic Wanderlust, I now have a new casual rug, affordable, and chic, that I can get excited about!  Cheers!  DF *****(click images to enlarge)   

8 comments:

  1. Dear DFS readers,

    The pictures are blurry, and were taken with an i-phone. Will try to show some better ones soon!

    DF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. John,

      So glad to have your approval- I was in a showroom yesterday and saw some less bold ikat inspired rugs- it's the bold graphic look of this one that appeals to me- and interestingly, it could pass for an Elizabeth Eakins - always a popular choice of Tice, Albert, Bunny, etc....

      Dean

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you. I am moving to Naples next summer from NJ. Glad to read that you love it. The rug is fantastic, and TP can do no wrong in my book. BTW, taking pictures from an iPhone can be focused if you tap on the image before you shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Linda,

      Welcome to Florida! So glad you like the new "indoor-outdoor" jute rug...and Tracy too. And thanks for the photo tip- always good to hear from a DFS reader!

      DF

      Delete
  4. Dean, I am trying to find your email address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,

      dfarris@designwestfl.com

      Delete
    2. also listed on my facebook badge in the right hand banner ...

      Delete

Please do comment, love the rapport!