Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Glow Factor

California Sunburst - Remains Lighting

The standing lamp was a gift from friends ...


A certain glow... due to reduced wattage and magic !

I very much enjoyed reading about Tony Duquette on James Andrew's fabulous blog, "What Is James Wearing ?" having first discovered Mr. Duquette's work many years ago, when I spontaneously flew from New York to Los Angeles...now that the seminal book about his work and life is out, books, rather, he is becoming more of a known entity, but the New York shop that James featured called Remains Lighting is certainly very interesting and unusual. And speaking of lighting, here are two views of my living room in the new "mood lighting" I created by simply changing some wattage and adding a floor lamp where the topiary once stood. It feels so much more "Parisian" now, and I enjoy the subtle ambiance created by the adjusted wattage and filtered light. I try to be green and not burn all my lights at once ! I love candle light most of all... very impractical, but the most romantic of all lighting. More events on the calendar:

February 14 Hunt Slonem


February 20 Amanda Jaron


February 25 Bentley party


February 26 Mary K. Hill


February 27 Carole Louie


March 3 Gala Preview


March 24 5th Ave Design


Hunt Slonem at Harmon-Meek Gallery Naples 5:30 pm


Amanda Jaron Studio on Home Shopping Network 5:00 pm


Client appreciation party at Naples Luxury Imports 6:30 pm


Mary K. Hill's 29th forever birthday celebration 6:00 pm


Designer Carole Louie at Sushi Thai Too reunion 6:00 pm


Naples Art & Antiques Show Preview Party 7:00 pm


Grand Opening 5th Avenue Design Gallery 6:30 pm


I look forward to attending most, if not all, of these ! DF *****