Saturday, November 1, 2014

Temo Callahan, Jed Johnson Home

My dear old NY friend, Temo - at Fountainbleau

My wonderful old friend, Temo Callahan, and I recently re-connected~ Temo and I have known each other since the early 1980's, when he was a director at Clarence House, when it was in the townhouse on East 57th Street...or was it 56th?  Later, he worked out of the very glam Jay Spectre designed duplex showroom at the D and D, and the late Robin Roberts, the founder of Clarence House Fabrics, would often be there, holding court.  Temo sent this picture to me just this week.

Mita Corsini Blands rendering of Alex Papachristidis's former library
Anyway, Temo is now director for Jed Johnson Home, the textiles offshoot of the famous design firm~ now run by Jay Johnson, Tom Cashin, and Arthur Dunnam.  Arthur is Director of Design for Jed Johnson Associates, and is also an old friend from my NY days.  Arthur also has the unique distinction of having worked under the late Arthur Smith, the Billy Baldwin protege'.
The Mita Corsini Bland above, reminds me of the old days of Clarence House, and Temo.  I love the work of Alex Papachristidis too!

Arthur Dunnam
Thanks to my old pal, the late Raul Morillas, I was introduced to Arthur, and got to visit his cottage in East Hampton.  Raul and I worked at Robert A. M. Stern Architects, although my position there was certainly not as senior as his was! Have a November to remember !  DF *****