Sunday, November 30, 2014

Inspired by Bebe', C.Z., and The Duchess

DFID
I spent this weekend painting my entry doors~ including the idea of favorite images from Christian "Bebe'" Berard, and Monsieur Boudin for Mrs. Winston Guest and The Duchess of Windsor...

DFID
Is it a bit theatrical? Yes.  Is it chic as hell? Yes.  Did it cost a ton of $$$? No.  Did I have fun doing it? Yes~ My old Prof from FIT, Stanley Barrows, wanted me to pursue set design~ can you see why? !

Christian Berard

Cornelia Guest at Templeton, faux marbre mantel

Bois de Boulogne house of Duchess of Windsor, faux marbre pilasters
I had been thinking for some time that I wanted to do something to this tired looking door~ perhaps a chinoiserie wallpaper? A mirrored treatment? Applied moldings? This is what I ended up with, and if I get tired of it, it's easily changed.  I dragged the silver on the "moldings" and then I quickly executed a loose "veining" also in the silver on black. I then added a new pair of brushed nickel ring pulls to the closet doors.  Let me know what you think!  It was more black for Black Friday weekend!  Enjoy!  DF *****

************