Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Trails, Dale Evans and Roy Rogers













Dale Evans and Roy Rogers were big stars, many years ago, and they had a museum of their lives in Branson, Mo. The museum was recently closed, due to lack of income, and the artifacts from the golden era of the cowboys and cowgirls were auctioned off, at very handsome prices. Here are some memorable images from an email that Bill sent to me from his friend Bob. Coincidentally, the Liberace Museum, in Las Vegas has also closed. It's a shame, as our young folks won't get to visit these amazing shrines.


While I wasn't riding a horse today, I did spend the day riding a banana yellow kayak, and thoroughly enjoyed myself, soaking up the sunshine, and enjoying the jumping fish, (shades of Porgy and Bess) the playful dolphins, and the incredible birds of all sizes and colors. I kayaked right under the boat entrance to the Lutgert palazzo, featured in this months VERANDA. I really did feel like I was in Venice, Italy, and enjoyed many "happy trails" today - Mother's Day 2012. Enjoy! DF *****