Monday, May 7, 2012

Fragrance Shopping



Today, I popped into Saks and treated myself to some new fragrance, I was in traffic and had followed a navy blue "baby Phantom" into the Waterside Shops. First stop, Jo Malone, where drop dead gorgeous Dana helped me with a Mediterranean Jasmine scented candle and guest soap by AGRARIA. She also kindly gave me some samples of the Jo Malone, which I can use for my upcoming Mother's Day gift basket. Then, I found out that Saks is now carrying Acqua di Parma, so Barbara helped me procure some Fico di Amalfi cologne and a free atomizer (another gift for Ma-Ma...) I was lucky last night, after attending a delicious dinner party chez Dickie and Troy, to catch a rarely seen film on TCM called "Rocco and His Brothers" by Luchino Visconti! It inspired me to find something Milanese, since the 1961 film was shot there (Milano). I also made a pit stop in the fine jewelry department to say hello to my old neighbor Scott, and eyed a nice stainless Cartier watch I wouldn't mind owning...anyway, I managed to get out of the store without visiting the men's department, and only doing a little over $200 in damage to the wallet (Gucci)! I spent the rest of the afternoon swimming in the Gulf, which was the color of an Hermes' cologne bottle. Enjoy! DF *****