Friday, March 26, 2010

Tablescape

This is the top of my table right now...always subject to change...

Tom Britt's upper east side aubergine drawing room

The very first time I ever heard the word "tablescape" was from reading one of my David Hicks decorating books... Here is a small tablescape I spontaneously created, after living for a few days with a totally bare table (which can be very refreshing) ...the Hollywood Regency print on book is by Jonathan Adler, the small tray on it is by Hermes' and the two frogs are from Sri Lanka. The stack of magazines are "Naples Illustrated" (a favorite),(that's an advance copy on top) candle by Ralph Lauren Home, small silver fleur by Christofle, small dish was a gift also, and the small black and white book is a furniture catalogue from Marbella... I so enjoyed seeing Joe Ruggiero's post today on Thomas Britt...another designer I had worked for while living in NYC (see my earlier posts) For drama, Tom is hard to beat, and he has his hamptons home on the market for a mere 13 million dollars... here's a great shot of Tom's upstairs drawing room, which I borrowed from Mr. Ruggiero. Enjoy ! DF *****