Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Angelo, Kevin, and Mario

Mario Buatta

Angelo Donghia

Kevin McNamara

Mario Buatta for Kips Bay Charity Showhouse

I was thinking of gorgeous green colored rooms - and "green" environments today since it's the famous Saint Patrick's, and immediately thought of three that I have always loved. Angelo Donghia's upper east side drawing room, Kevin McNamara's hamptons drawing room, and Mario Buatta's east side drawing room... While I don't have a proper image of each of these to post here, I wanted to share some wonderful insights about these fabulous New York designers... My friend Scott Lally worked for Angelo, and my friend Louise Cronan worked for Kevin. I worked (briefly) with Mario while employed at Bloomingdales... I did meet Kevin once at one of the Kips Bay showhouses, he was so elegant, and was lighting Rigaud candles and arranging flowers in his black lacquered drawing room. He said "Let's get some glamour going in here" Though I was never so fortunate to have met the famed Angelo, I was in his house in Manhattan, and also worked with his old Parsons roomie, Thomas Britt, another fabulous and very kind iconoclast of high style New York decorating. Here are some borrowed images... enjoy ! DF ***** PS check out the new Viceroy Snowmass, a Leed-Silver certified hotel recently completed by Kelly (Green) Wearstler !!! And check these out... Angelo and Mario: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQEs7gOriAo and