Thursday, October 1, 2015

Richard Giglio, R.I.P.

Angelo Donghia, sitting under one of his Richard Giglio works, via AD

I've written here before about the time I was taken to the Manhattan residence of the late, legendary interior designer, Angelo Donghia.  What I may not have mentioned was the impact his collection of works on paper by the late artist, Richard Giglio made on me~ dynamite !

Richard Giglio, via Facebook, Raymond Diskin Black

Angelo Donghia

Richard Giglio, studio, via Facebook, Raymond Diskin Black

Angelo Donghia, 1976

You see, there was the most wonderful atmosphere of glamour, artistry, excitement, and freshness, in the house of Donghia~ it was sensational!  These pictures don't fully capture the ethereal and New York-in-the-seventies vibe that was going on, but as I've said before, the combination of satin, bleached floors, lacquered walls, and silver tea papered ceilings is enough to send anybody over the moon! 

Thanks to dear friend Julie Britt for introducing me to her friend Raymond Diskin Black and the world of Giglio...!  I'm hoping to perhaps acquire a Giglio of my very own one day.  Hoping this post inspires you too!  DF *****

* * * * *

7 comments:

  1. Julie just informed me via Instagram that Richard Giglio, who was a very good friend of hers, also did textile design for Angelo's firm called And Vice Versa- I found this so interesting-
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean, My oh my, Donghia and Richard Giglio's art, fabulous beyond!!
    Thank you for these luscious images! I saw your comment over at Andrea's feature on Palm Beach Chic!
    I have books to review however am going to wait a bit, with so much publicity at the moment.
    Do you Have CZ Guest by Susanna Salk?

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi !
    I almost bought the CZ book- it is so beautiful!
    I love that there are interviews in it with people who knew her, sharing insight into what she was really like.
    As these kinds of books go, that one is one of the prettiest of all-
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that as well and of course the amazing art collection, including Sargent's and Dali's!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Parish-Hadley Tree of Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coromandel screen shown in the last image, was reputed to have come from the estate of the late Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giglio works are available through John Boone, New York, ask for Evan.
    Dean

    ReplyDelete

Please do comment, love the rapport!