Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cottage Charm !

via The Glam Pad

Remember when I had recently written about my experience in working on the Fifth Avenue apartment of Mary Gilbert, in New York?  Well, this wall glaze is very similar to what we did for her~bold, and inspired by Russian malachite!  The pretty floral chintz combined with the glazed walls reminds me of our friend Carleton Varney...as well as design maestro, Mario Buatta.  I would most likely add a sea grass or sisal large area rug to this room.  Enjoy!  DF *****

* * * * *

5 comments:

  1. Dean this is a most inviting and timeless room; love the walls...the sea grass rug or sisal would be perfect to complete the design.

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena,
      It's a throwback to the elegant 80's - and some of my younger designer friends would not like it at all- but it just reminds me of all the fun we had back then, before they were born !!! :)
      Dean

      Delete
  2. Isn't this house amazing!? I was told that it was featured on the cover of Veranda in the 1990s. I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of that issue. And I definitely agree with you on the rug!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, Hi !
      If I find the issue I will send it to you, you can call Veranda in NY and if you ask nicely they will send a copy to you, although I think that was back when Lisa still ran it. Thanks for making me aware of this charming doll house for a Palm beach doll ! :(
      Dean

      Delete

Please do comment, love the rapport!