Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Lilly In The Garden


Minnie, Lilly, and Liza, 1963 NYT
 Of course, I've always loved the ultra prep style of Lilly Pulitzer, and so, I was somewhat saddened to hear of her recent death.  Look at this beautiful, charming 1963 image of Lilly with her two daughters.  She also has a son, Peter. 
Years ago, I met and "hung out" with Mac and Zac, the twins that Herbert "Peter" Pulitzer had with Roxanne Pulitzer, here in Naples...they were dressed alike, in jeans, Hermes' belts, and flip flops.  
I would have loved to have met famous Lilly, as I'm sure she was a totally fabulous original person.  I own one LP swimsuit, which is totally faded out, but I still like it and wear it sometimes.  Thanks T and J...


The Orricos
Representing the new Lilly- after she sold out- the ladies above own two LP boutiques in Palm Beach and two in Naples, plus Delray and Hobe Sound...  it's always a lot of fun to visit an LP boutique- an explosion of bright, fun colors...


"That's me, far left, in bright PINK!" 
Here I am, out to dinner, with Billy, Sherry, Maureen, Arnold, Ernie and Becky-one of Billy's clients at Maison Auclair Antiques, was Mrs. W. Clarke Swanson, Jr. (Elizabeth) who was introduced to Mr. Swanson at a lunch on Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, by none other than Lilly Pulitzer.  The Swansons have kept a place in Naples for many years, and it was decorated by one of my mentors, the fabulous impresario, Tom Britt... a bit of decorating trivia for you, dear readers... 


Decorator Kevin Stefanni in Lilly
Above, my friend and fellow designer, Kevin, sports a "new" Lilly blazer, from the men's collection-


Here's a pretty, fresh, pink and green image, which I dedicate to the memory of Lilly, I feel as if I did know her- and have always been inspired by her original talent and style.  DF *****