Monday, June 13, 2011

San Francisco Chic

Ann Getty for Alexis and Trevor Traina



Tom Britt for Alexis and Trevor Traina



I had the good fortune to work for the amazing Tom Britt while I was in design school. (FIT) Tom has long worked for the Swansons, and he's Alexis Swanson Traina's godfather. Tom is such a great guy, and a huge talent. I was exposed to the world of the Getty's through my late friend and mentor, Tice Alexander, who, like Tom, hailed from Kansas City... Tice did extensive work for Ann Getty when they were decorating her apartments on Fifth avenue in NYC in conjunction with the extinct firm Parish Hadley... Billy sold this peacock shown in the dining room that Ann fashioned for Alexis in San Francisco! I met Alexis's mother, Elizabeth, through Bill when she came into the (Naples) shop he used to work in called Maison Auclair, now closed. this is all just more decorating trivia, but I wanted to share it with you, dear readers and followers! Enjoy the week! DF *****