Friday, April 8, 2011

More Alan Campbell Prints!

The Devil Wears Prada, (and sits on Alan Campbell)!

"Melinda" " Mojave" " Cintra"
OK, honestly, who wouldn't have their socks charmed off by these fresh and fun prints from Alan Campbell? I had forgotten that, starting in the mid eighties, I used his now discontinued "Cross Creek" in a circa 1830 house in Salem, North Carolina, and only two years ago used what was left of it (an old wing sample they had in the warehouse) in another 19th century house in Charleston, South Carolina. So I felt completely compelled to blog some more about how exciting and visually stimulating these fresh fabrics are. I just love them! They have chic and a sweet naivete' that we can all relate to these days. Here are three designs I chose to focus on for this piece. Love the sofa Miranda Priestly is sitting in, covered in Alan's "Melinda" print. How FUN is it? Can you handle it? ENJOY! DF *****