Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lunch in Punta Gorda

Founders of the Fishermans Village Marina

She's Yar !

This one passes muster


Lovely !



Cruising up Livingston Road to I-75


Today, Billy and I had a great time lunching with an old friend, Charles, at the Captains Table, overlooking beautiful Charlotte harbor... Founded in the mid 1800's, Punta Gorda is a charming and historic fishing village. We lunched at the Fisherman's Village Marina, and had some yummy Grilled Grouper sandwiches with Pinot grigio, while watching the boats come in and go out on this impossibly gorgeous, sunny, breezy and ever so slightly cool day. I wasn't in love with any of the shops at the marina complex, however, I would say that I would be happy to accept a contract to put my stamp of updated good taste on the place ! If you have never sampled the charms of this tiny, sleepy village, you shouldn't underestimate it, particularly if you are a boater. Venice is nearby, (see my earlier post on Venice)(January 2010) and Sarasota and Naples are about an hour (by motorcar) each way. Enjoy ! DF *****