Monday, November 8, 2010

French Furniture Fever !

From Todd Romano

A fruitwood model



Personification of charm


This for foot of the bed in Guest Bedroom



This wants to be in my Foyer




Pairs of chairs are CLASSIC !


I must say, I do think a lot about french chairs, french commodes, french boiserie, french EVERYTHING ! I just love it, thats all. Am reading a very interesting book by Wendy Burden called "The Dead End Gene Pool" about her childhood in New York, Maine, New Jersey, and Hobe Sound. It's quite a juicy memoir. Check out Margaret Dunnes new "AD" with Nicky Haslam and Stephen Sills using some luscious Louis XV chairs in London and Connecticut. It's what I adore, and I especially like the flat in London that Mr. Haslam has done up. His color sense is unmatched. One can see the Fowler influence, and his love of comfort and British understatement is quite evident. Having just finished reading "The World Of Gloria Vanderbilt" by Wendy Goodman, I am having a ball following up with Wendy Burdens tome, and can't wait to get ahold of Armistead Maupin's new novel... ENJOY ! DF *****