Friday, November 5, 2010

Following Billy Baldwins Advice

Great new book !

Room by Dean Farris

The table was a sample from FP Victoria's warehouse sale


I did read with some interest that the society decorator, Billy Baldwin, loved rooms that looked as if there had just been a party, and the chairs had been moved about to suit the way the guests wanted to converse and be with one another. I finally broke down and tried this in my one room that I have to play around with, and IT WORKS ! Surprise ! it's just that you have to FORCE yourself to make it look that nonchalant, effortless way, so it really is a form of mannerism, or style that has been exaggerated somewhat to get its point across... it also gives me a feeling of fullness, of happiness, and joy, of the possibilities, which are endless in decorating. Enjoy these shots I took - try it yourself... DF *****