Monday, February 25, 2019

THEATER: Waitress

Dean Farris Interior Design

It's always fun to have a night out with dinner and a show -just William and I -so last night we went to Vergina on 5th Ave., South, for a fabulous early dinner, then we stopped at Kilwin's for some ice cream (Traverse City Cherry) -which is very good - and then we went to Artis Naples for the performance of "WAITRESS" - where we did manage to have good orchestra seats!  Lead Christine Dwyer as Jenna, and handsome Steven Good as the doctor were excellent, and we caught the last performance of the Naples stop- of course at the last minute I always want show tickets - and of course Tony Bennett, Kristen Chenoweth, and David Foster were all sold out and we had already seen Michael Feinstein so I decided to get these tickets which I was lucky to get!!!

Earlier in the day I had gone for my usual bike ride down to Port Royal and then I walked along the beach all the way to Keewaydin Island -when I got down to the end I saw the beautiful abalone shells washed up on the beach and they reminded me of this inlaid screen that I have in my apartment which I really am enjoying- (see first image).
While at the restaurant we met a cute couple from Indiana and then we had a very charismatic waiter from Rome Italy and there was also one from Palermo so all in all we had a lovely evening- DF