Thursday, March 15, 2012

Room of the Week: Miles Redd



I met fellow southerner, MILES REDD, through the famous Bunny Williams, when I went up to her office for a job interview. While no job was proffered, I did enjoy observing the atmosphere of the BW office, (before she moved over to the decorating district) and of course, meeting the smiling and charming Miles (he was working there). Los Angeles tastemaker, Mark Sikes recently posted this Simon Upton photo of a room by fabulous Miles Redd (courtesy Elle Decor) and I was smitten with how chic it was and as always the sensational Redd sense of color. Are you beginning to see that I really do know every decorator in New York, both now and then ? Well, I really do! I just have a sixth sense when it comes to this topic, and it all goes back to Parish-Hadley. One of my college roommates from the mid seventies worked for PH and one of my college instructors from the same time period worked there as well. This culminated with my working with Tice Alexander for several years, who was a decorator for the famed firm, before it closed. Miles Redd is also tied into all of this since, he also is associated with Oscar de la Renta, who is married to Annette Reed. whose mother was a big PH client...so, it's really a very small world dear readers. Enjoy these amazing images from Elle Decor. DF *****