Saturday, March 24, 2012

Duke Inspired: Black Patent Topsiders




Today, I wandered aimlessly (it was one of those unbelievably gorgeous Spring in Florida days) into the Sperry Topsider Shop, and Whoa! I found these BLACK PATENT ones! I had been thinking a lot lately about patent loafers, ever since I saw Juan Carlos a friend on the east coast sporting a pair of taupe patent Ferragamos with a matching taupe body-hugging polo shirt...I HAD TO HAVE THEM ! The Ferragamos are discontinued, so I was still looking around, considering some others, I once threw out a pair of black patent faux lizard Belgians, and I also once owned a pair of black patent police officer type shoes which I purchased at the old Fiorucci's in Manhattan, long gone now. So I just had to have these, and I think the old Duke of W would have worn them either on a boat or perhaps out in the country on a damp morning... I do really like the crisp white soles against the black, and plan to wear these with white jeans. The adorable salesman told me these were a limited edition of only 700... here they are in all their un-broken-in glory. They would be great with red socks too. ENJOY! DF *****