Saturday, September 24, 2011

Decorator Scrapbook XV

Vintage eighties on the beach style...

Great aubergine wall color was used


My latest tablescape



Dining area using what I had...



18th Century Louis XV bergere





It's always great fun to meet a new potential client, and this morning I drove myself up the street to The Terraces, a luxury condominium on Gulf Shore Boulevard North, to visit the seasonal residence of one such lovely and charming person, who hails from Ohio... This condo was purchased when new by the owner, and she had worked with Holland Salley and Robb & Stucky on it over the last twenty years. We will be submitting a bid to remodel and decorate the apartment beginning work next Summer. I was struck by the use of an aubergine wall color in the living room, which was custom mixed by the owner with the painter. Here too, I share a shot of my latest "tablescape" - after living for several months with a totally nude table top. Am enjoying this melange of blue and white bits. I was doing some morning stretching exercises under the table, and caught this low angle shot of my fun dining area, which I couldn't resist sharing with you again. Finally, a favorite Louis XV style chair, since this is my 15th "Decorator Scrapbook"! ENJOY! PS, some friends are on their way to Chicago for a holiday, and I suggested they visit Branca, on East Pearson Street, I know they'll enjoy seeing this high style emporium of decorative delights, in all price ranges.



***********************************