Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"It" Chair, Cross Back Arm Chair



My time is getting more limited these days for blogging, so, here's a brief glimpse into the classic world my mind inhabits, where old favorites never die, and the classics keep on showing up, perhaps tweaked or updated, but always retaining their sense of history and gravitas. This "Crossback Arm Chair" by Century (model # 3353A) is one of my favorites, I admire how it harks back to early Georgian and Chippendale examples, and yet seems to have a forever, contemporary look as well. Would love it in a leather, or a crisp Alan Campbell printed cotton...and here is a little sentiment I'd like to share with you dear readers.



The past is history



The future is a mystery



Today is a gift



And that's why it's called the present.



I do hope that you'll enjoy today wherever you are, and think about this iconic chair too!



DF *****