Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book: Rooms To Remember


Sitting Room by Dean Farris Interior Design

My favorite new book by Suzanne Tucker


I really love these painted chairs from Palm Beach !


I just purchased and received my copy of the new book, "Rooms To Remember, The Classic Interiors of Suzanne Tucker" (Monacelli Press) and am thrilled to own it. I have corresponded briefly with the author, and that was a thrill too - since her mentor, Michael Taylor was so brilliant, and at the top of my list of favorite designers of the past. Suzanne Tucker is a very beautiful and talented woman, and she and I also share a love of antiques, color, architecture, entertaining, fashion, and art... I urge you dear reader to purchase this inspiring and visually stunning work, especially as a follow up companion to "Michael Taylor Interior Design" by Stephen Salny, (with a foreword by Rose Tarlow). Suzanne also worked for a John Fowler disciple, Peter Hood, in London - and years ago, I had the distinct pleasure of lunching with the Hoods in Bath, and taking a lovely drive through the country with them to look at some stately old piles...ah, the memories ! So sweet. I do hope to visit San Francisco and pay a visit to Suzanne Tucker in the near future. Enjoy ! DF *****