Thursday, June 17, 2010

Classic Rolls-Royce 1960-1987

1965 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III


1973 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

1976 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow


1987 Rolls Royce Corniche II


I love this one - a 1960 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II


Who could not love the romantic beauty of these classic old "motorcars" ? Impractical as they may be for a daily driver, the idea is that suddenly, running an errand becomes a thing of great glamour and pleasure ! These cars were all made before BMW bought the company, and I love them from the bottom of my very soul. Naples does have a Rolls-Royce club, and I look forward to owning my first RR and becoming a member... I love them all ! I have had so many clients who own Rolls and Bentley, that I suppose it's rubbed off on me, plus several of the designers I've known over the years had them, including Pat Plaxico,(High Point) T. Gordon Little, (Atlanta) and George Clarkson (New York). Rolls-Royce represents the ultimate in quality, prestige, and elegance. That is why I want to own one. It's about making a statement, not about how much is the cost of a gallon of fuel. It's not green, surely, but perhaps just driving slowly on a Sunday afternoon would be permitted ? DF *****