Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Venice, Florida

A 1920's residence...

Vintage in Venice...

1925 building on the market...

Always a good sign...

Beautiful Epiphany Cathedral, 1955

Venice Yacht Club

West Venice Avenue towards the sea

Historic 1920's downtown


Over the bridge into historic district

On the bridge...

Today was a fun filled trip from Naples up to the quaint town of Venice, just south of Sarasota... We toured the old town, and Bill treated me to a simple lunch at the Venice Cafe' on West Venice Avenue... I found the town to be very quiet and peaceful. We visited the Epiphany cathedral (1955) and the center where the Archdiocese of Venice has an office. I enjoyed the day trip, and Bill's company is always a pleasure. Here are some day tripper images I caught today I wanted to share with you. Enjoy ! DF*****