Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Le Marais in Napoli







Progress shot during installation...



I had a great time visiting family in Winston-Salem, but it's always a pleasure to return to Naples, and beautiful sunny weather. We saw "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock, and I particularly enjoyed "It's Complicated" with my fave Meryl Streep. Santa didn't bring me a small house in Santa Barbara, but I did get to live vicariously through Meryl's character and totally enjoyed the experience, viewing in luxury at the new SilverSpot Cinema here in Naples, with extra large and wide leather seating...what a treat ! Hunter Parrish plays one of the kids, and he is such a beautiful young man.


Here is the long awaited view of my new very simple curtains in my small living room here in Naples...I really am pleased with how they turned out, and improvised some left over Houles' fringe for the tiebacks. The fabric was also leftover from when William and I had a condo in Pompano, at PalmAire Country Club, where Truman Capote once stayed for a while. We rented that unit out for the season to Mrs. Barbara Mandel, the former first lady of Maryland ! I enjoy the memories associated with this material, and the color is definitely a soft "Nantucket Red", which looks great with the olive suede on the pair of provincial Louis XV armchairs. Fabric, P. Kaufmann, Trim, Houles', bamboo pole, Pier One Imports. DF*****