Friday, February 14, 2020

ARISTOCRATIC: Leta Austin Foster

Leta Austin Foster and Associates, Inc.

I find this really very inspiring and it's classic somewhat old fashioned point of view with the beautiful details which Leta Foster is known for.  Having followed her work for many years she's always been one of my favorite decorators in the Palm Beach New York axis- And I'm quite proud to relate the story of how she once sought to recruit me straight out of design school back in the 1980s-
I assume she called Stanley Barrows my department chair and asked him who he would recommend and he probably gave her my name-!  If you happen to be in Palm Beach this winter pop in to the kips Bay decorator show house- Leta designed an interesting library with a custom zebra wallpaper, she also has a beautiful boutique in via Mizner off Worth Avenue that's definitely worth a visit- DF