Tuesday, January 31, 2017

PROGRESS: DFID at home

DFID 2017
Here's where I turned the new smaller ikat rug, and I like the "chock a block" look- notice I changed the table skirt to a gauffraged brown velvet- ( a Williams-Sonoma online find).  I like the way the strong ikat breaks the boring banality of this shoebox of a room- with its low ceiling, and lack of millwork.  I was also excited to see my rug choice (Feizy.com) on page 45 of the September issue of House Beautiful!

DFID 2017
Looking back towards the small dining area- living with the existing beige carpet for now...that Trowbridge sailboat is covering the little "pass-through" -

DFID 2017
Some day when I have a nice LARGE bedroom, I'll put this small settee at the foot of the bed- until then it's creating a second seating group in the living room!  The porcelain bust creates another focal point, and is by Theodore and Alexander. DF *****