Monday, May 23, 2016

FILM: A BIGGER SPLASH, Tilda Swinton

Tilda Swinton stars in A Bigger Splash

Every once in a while, you catch a film that you knew nothing about...and get completely blown away by it.  
This was my experience of A Bigger Splash...and with an Italian director, a superb cast, and a setting on an island off of Sicily, it would be hard to go wrong.  I was reminded of an obscure old novel "The Grotto" - by Grace Zaring Stone, and also of "The Talented Mr. Ripley" (Patricia Highsmith)...but I would urge you to see this film as it transports you into another world, beautifully shot (think A Single Man by Tom Ford) - just stunning and so inspiring.  

The next day I treated myself to some new Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior (I had drenched myself in it when I was in Nice years ago) and an herbal shower gel from L'Occitane, with my favorite eucalyptus oil.  Enjoy!  DF *****