Monday, October 20, 2014

Seasonal Arrangements - Magnolia

DEAN FARRIS INTERIOR DESIGN

I had found these very decorative copies of tole "planters" at Box Woods in Naples recently, and had a lot of fun deciding what to do with them~you can find Box Woods in the Chesterdales Antiques Market in Naples.

DEAN FARRIS INTERIOR DESIGN
Well, as you can see here, I was inspired to dress up my small foyer with some fresh magnolia, and dried palm, plus artificial (but oh so real looking) pears !

DFID
The little mahogany console ~ which is shown above in the foyer, was replaced (in the small living room) with this fabulous, one- of- a- kind, very Angelo Donghia-John Dickinson metal table, made by David Edelman, the brother of my wonderful client Mary Edelman Wilson.  I like the way it virtually disappears in the space!  We have these in stock if anyone would like to purchase ~ also in a coffee table size!

Naples
Yesterday was a gorgeous beach day~ and I made a very nice Sunday dinner for the two of us~ the recipe I discovered last week on James Farmers blog ! Pork with rosemary, red onion, and apples~ DELICIOUS!  Served with fresh organic baby kale sauteed in bacon, and a sauvignon blanc from California....thanks James!

*******

4 comments:

  1. Dean the tole sconces filled with magnolia leaves, palm and pear are perfection!
    The weather has been glorious!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karena,
      You are too kind! I had earlier tried some fresh hydrangea, hoping it would dry nicely, but it looked wilted, (not french hydrangea) I was pleased with how the magnolia turned out, although have not put it in any preserving liquid.
      The small drawing propped on the table is an original Albert Hadley sketch, of the Getty dining room in New York! It's one of my favorite things. Enjoy!
      Dean

      Delete
  2. Love the new fall display. I also love the metal table. You sound like quite a chef. Impressive. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      So glad you approve! I'm no chef, although with a simple recipe I can whip up a pretty good meal!
      (my secret is to drink copious amounts of wine while cooking!)
      Come on over and check out the worlds smallest kitchen :) !
      Dean

      Delete

Please do comment, love the rapport!