Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Before or After?

Albert Hadley, Naples, FL 1999
Of course, I absolutely loved the old Albert Hadley cottage, and spent many fun times there- sometime between 1997 and 1999...it was the BEST ! My clients, David and Tom - bought it from AH, after I had introduced them.  Below is the current MLS shot of his former living room, which perhaps has become a "Naples-ized" version...

2014
Billy and I are just back from a jaunt to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach, so stay tuned for some shots I took while there!  XXOO DF *****

4 comments:

  1. Jeanne/Washinton, DCJune 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM

    I'll take the original AH version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne,
      I know! This cottage is on its' fourth or fifth owner since Albert owned it- I have no idea who did this current version- and sadly, my clients did not include me when they bought the cottage from Albert!
      Dean

      Delete
  2. Mr Hadley's much lighter hand, of course, is preferable to the fish and starfish textiles in the other photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue,
    You are so right! Stanley Barrows was always talking to us about "bourgeois disasters" ! Albert had it so right, and there was always the divine fragrance of an old house with the oil paint from the floors, and his Camel cigarettes....
    Dean

    ReplyDelete

Please do comment, love the rapport!