Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Inspiration: House Beautiful February 2014

Dashing Newell Turner

I greatly enjoyed devouring my newly received copy of "House Beautiful" today- from Miles Redd, to Sara Gilbane, and Steven Gambrel, the issue was a tour de force of eclectic, modern color!  I loved seeing old friend Carolina Irving's fabric called Andaluz on the outside backs of dining chairs from Hickory Chair too...MUST have samples of that "stat"! 


As well, I was drenched in color and pattern today,
when Ms. Holly Blalock, from the C.R. Laine company presented her ideas and inspirations to us in a seminar here in our Norris showroom.
I enjoyed her talk, and it was fun to see where her inspirations come from, sometimes in the form of FOOD!  We were in Miami last night for dinner, and Magnum lounge there has great cuisine and live music too.  Try it - you'll like it.  I was reminded of the time years ago when I had a clients dining room glazed in a delicious raspberry sorbet color!
We then varnished over the glaze and made it quite lacquered looking, which was delightful, fun, and fresh.  Enjoy!  Cheers!  DF *****