Sunday, October 2, 2011

October 2011, New Beginnings, Bright Futures



Gosh, I'm beyond excited and pleased to be headed into my favorite month of all, OCTOBER! The weather has changed, the light went from a hot gold to a cool blue, which actually vibrates when you stare at the sky...the hot gold light melts into a blur, the winter light is super crisp and clean, reminding me of Autumn in New York, and the wonderful tingle in the air, mixed with the smell of roasting chestnuts and turning leaves, geraniums in pots... As I look back on my last fifty years of being on this planet, I realize how very fortunate I've been. The people in my life have been so incredibly interesting and really, charming and sweet in all ways possible. As Auntie Mame said, "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Dear Mame meant no harm - she was just expressing her natural zest and love for all that life has to offer. The message seems to be that if we extend ourselves to others, most of the time they will meet us half way, and often we are surprised at where these relationships take us. Enjoy the day, enjoy your life, enjoy your family and friends, for in the end, that is all we really have. I wish you love, luck and much happiness! DF *****