Monday, July 11, 2011

Room of the Week, Oatsie Charles




So, last night I was dining at Chops City Grill, on Fifth Avenue South, with dear Dickie and Troy... Dickie was with the CIA in Washington, which reminded me of my DC days and always hearing about the society hostess, Oatsie Charles. Earlier in the day, I had discovered at Barnes & Noble, a book called "Private Newport" by Newport resident Bettie Pardee, with unbelievable photographs by Mick Hales.... Ms. Charles is also well known in Newport - and then this morning I found on Vanity Fair a piece about Oatsie, with this interesting picture of her...don't you just love her very personal massing of books and objet? I had spent the day with Billy, sorting through endless bibelot at Roberta's apartment, after we had it painted and reupholstered for her (she has lived in this condo for thirty years). Stay tuned for some shots from Roberta's freshening - off to Grey Oaks today to push things around for Lauren. Enjoy the week! DF *****