Saturday, October 16, 2010

Arranging l'objet pour la maison

Rose Cumming handprint on vintage armchairs

Potpourri in Imari bowl by AGRARIA

I have always enjoyed searching for things that catch my eye, and then constantly moving them around... I must be a gypsy as I' ve moved over forty times in the last thirty years...! Here, I used an interesting leather framed mirror my mother gave me about 35 years ago with a small bouillotte lamp I purchased in the village in NYC about 20 years ago, with a pair of blue/white vases from a trip to Fort Lauderdale, with a 19th century mahogany pier table I was given by old client/friends who live "South of Broad" in elegant, aristocratic Charleston, South Carolina... the small Imari bowl is from a trip to Key West. There is a shop there on Fleming Street I am mad for called The Duck and The Dolphin... they have some things I covet, dripping in old ormulu and crystal... it's like Ali Babas cave of treasures... full of earthly delights with impressive very tiny price tags, with quite large figures. Enjoy ! DF *****