Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Shimmer


The fashionistas are preaching shine and shimmer for Fall, which I personally love, and enjoy. My pal Tom Britt in New York has had shimmery satin on his sofas and slipper chairs for years now. I remember his upstairs drawing room when it was all flat aubergine painted boiserie with Rose Cumming electric blue satin upholstery. Wow ! Angelo Donghia also had an upstairs drawing room in the East 70's in Manhattan, and he had deep teal lacquered walls with ivory satin upholstery, set off by a stunning coromandel screen from the estate of Coco Chanel. I was very fortunate to experience these rooms as a young man studying interior design with a burning passion ! I still have the passion, and my flame is still burning, if at a slightly reduced intensity. Here is a preview sneak peek of a beachfront condo I designed, which will be featured in an upcoming issue of a major national shelter magazine. I'm happy to share it with you. Happy September, and never forget our friends we lost on that fateful day. Anyone wishing to contribute to victims of 9-11 please contact Loreen at the Matthew C. Sellitto Foundation. http://www.mcsfoundation.com/